Bodnant Garden National Trust
Bodnant Garden (which is owned by the National Trust) is one of the most spectacular and admired gardens in Britain.
Bodnant Garden was voted the winner of "The National Trust Gardens Award" by National Trust members and visitors, and separately it was voted "The Favourite Garden in the Country" by Daily Telegraph readers.
It was created by successive generations of the McLaren family, but was primarily the creation of the 2nd Lord Aberconway (Henry McLaren) who gave it to the National Trust in 1949.
Highlights of the Garden include:
- the grand formal Terraces facing south-west across the River Conwy to Snowdonia
- the Pin Mill, an elegant Georgian building which in 1939 was moved from Gloucestershire to Bodnant Garden
- the famous Laburnum Arch, a curved walk about 55 metres long covered with laburnum which produces a magnificent cascade of long yellow flowers in late May / early June
- the Dell, a deep valley with numerous streams, towering trees and rhododendrons
- the design of the Garden and the vast collection of plants, including four National Collections, which ensure colour and interest at all times
Bodnant Hall is privately owned & not part of the National Trust. It is not open to the public.
For opening dates & times please see the National Trust Website.
National Trust website: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/bodnant-garden
Contact details are as follows:
Tel: 01492 650460
Fax: 01492 650448
E-mail: [email protected]