Salary c. £30k
To manage effectively the day to day operation of the finances on the Bodnant Estate (and certain related entities) and the Estate’s financial department.
The Manager of the Bodnant Estate
- Monitor and ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities, including payroll, invoicing, rent collection, credit control and other transactions
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements
- Manage the preparation of the budgets of the Estate and various related entities, and periodic re-forecasting throughout the year, preparation of monthly management accounts
- Review financial data and prepare monthly cashflow reports.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Review all internal controls, policies and procedures, making recommendations for any changes and ensuring that all established controls, policies and procedures are fully documented and followed.
- Establish and/or maintain proper controls to prevent fraud
- Oversee finance department employees
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses,
- Assist with the compilation of information for the preparation of tax returns and the Schedule A returns of the owner and related entities. And prepare monthly management accounts
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements and variances to budget.
- Prepare management reports for individual internal operations of the business
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and transferring funds
- Manage capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Knowledge of computerized PAYE systems
The Accounts Manager candidate will have suitable accounting qualifications in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent business experience and 7 + years of progressively responsible experience in a commercial small to medium sized business.
The Bodnant Estate is a strikingly beautiful agricultural estate in North Wales. Set in hilly and wooded countryside in the lower reaches of the Conwy Valley, it commands spectacular views across to Snowdonia. Stone cottages and farm buildings have been restored using traditional materials and techniques, and the Estate supports farming and encourages other rural activities.
For more details about the businesses, see www.bodnant-estate.co.uk
Applications with full CV to
E-mail : [email protected]
In Writing to.
Bodnant Estate offices
Tal y Cafn